On 13/06/2011 3:01 PM, John Aldrich wrote:

> No, I think that Windows is just more "user-friendly" and does more "hand-
> holding than Linux. I think we need to get out of the mindset of "we don't
> want 'everybody' using linux because then it wouldn't be cool." It often
> seems that's the attitude that a lot of people have, and I think we ought
> to be doing more to encourage "joe 6pack" to pick up a copy of Linux and
> install it over Windows.
Well sure.  But let's not go down the path of lobotomizing it to the
point where it has achieved
   "glorified typewriter" status.  Which is, I'm afraid, where most
people's mindset is about computers
   in general, and Windows in particular.

If we make the system so stupid that it can't be used for further
development of  the system, then we've
   failed gloriously.

It should never reach the point that the Fedora developer feels tempted
to "reach for something else", because
   the system he's developing for is inadequate for the task of developing.