On 06/14/2011 05:42 AM, John Aldrich wrote:
> On Mon June 13 2011, suvayu ali wrote:
>>
> (snip)
>> Isn't this easy to follow? Maybe there could be a one time splash
>> screen reminding a new user on first login that the documentation is
>> already on their system.
>>
> that's a very good idea... and maybe put a shortcut on the desktop to
> it...labeled "documentation" or something similar.

I can see "Documentation" being intimidating for new users.  A "Tour"
could potentially be much friendlier.  It also has the potential to be
scripted in concert with the shell, so it can e.g. highlight the
Activities hotspot when discussing it rather than just showing
screenshots.  Possibly have two versions: one for new users (fresh
install, clean home directory) and one for upgraders (first run of new
version in existing home dir).

- Michael