On 07/06/2011 05:29 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 17:16:46 +0100
> Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
>
>> This should already be set up by the default 00-system-setup-keyboard.conf.
>> This
>> is the case on my system:
>
> That is apparently a recent change. I know for sure that Ctrl-Alt-Bksp
> disappeared for a while in the default fedora config, but it does seem

Heh - turns out my testing was broken :)

The 00-system-setup-keyboard.conf change has been there all along in f15
(timestamp on my system is back in April when I first installed this box from
alpha and doesn't seem to have been updated since).

> to be back in fedora 15 at least. Not sure when it reappeared as being
> enabled by default, but if you google the fedora users list, you should
> be able to find many outraged emails from when it first disappeared a
> few releases ago. You can even find all the folks explaining why it

Yep, I was there at the time.. adding the config option back in for users who
wanted it just never seemed like such a big deal to me..

> obviously should go away and it was always stupid to have it (which makes
> me wonder why it came back :-).

I assumed when I installed f15 alpha for the first time it was to make life
easier testing gnome-shell - I had a few occasions when I needed it during
alpha/beta and it was on by default.

When Reindl first asked I assumed something had changed in post-GA f15 - I
re-tested and it didn't seem to work - I added DontZap false, checked again and
it was working.

Problem is my testing was flawed - the first time I tried it (when it appeared
not to work) I was using synergy from another machine. After restarting X with
DontZap I tested from the physical keyboard.. It turns out that ctrl-alt-delete
appears to get filtered out somewhere when it's coming from a remote synergy
client.

Reverting everything back to how it was originally and zap is definitely on by
default in f15 (via XKB).

Regards,
Bryn.