On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Tom Horsley <horsley1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 01:15:07 +0300
> Gilboa Davara wrote:
>
>> (Preferably without adding some boot parameters and/or
>> configuration file editing)
>
> There was some discussion about getting more info from
> systemd on the list a few weeks ago, and I seem to recall
> that thread mentioning a systemd config file that could
> be edited to log more stuff (sorry about editing the
> config file :-).
>
> In fact, if I look on my system I see a bunch of
> log settings commented out in /etc/systemd/system.conf.

Back in mid 80's there was an T.V. series called Alf (About an alien
that crashed on a suburban family roof).
This issue more-or-less reminds an episode in which Alf tried teaching
the Tanner boy Martial arts: "Guess it only pain when you *don't*
break the board... unbelievable pain" [1]

> P.S. I kind of like systemd, despite all the problems,
> it has one really good reason to use it: It boots (my
> machine, anyway) a lot faster. I have parts on order
> for an upgrade I should be able to build this weekend,
> and I can't wait to see how fast it boots with a 6Gb/s
> sata SSD boot disk :-).

- Gilboa
[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTQ_tNNFYog 0:52.