On 14 October 2011 13:16, Marko Vojinovic <vvma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 14 October 2011 12:33:25 Reindl Harald wrote:
>> peopole like you are a real nightmare because you are enforcing
>> other ones
>
> I am not enforcing anyone to do anything, just offering advice.

I think the word is encouraging.

> If you just restrict people by rules, it *is* legitimate for them to break the
> rules. If instead you teach people why they should uphold the rules, it *is*
> *not* legitimate for them to break those rules. Legitimacy comes from
> understanding, legality comes from obedience.

Not sure what definition of "legitimate" you are using here.

> The OP is the only one who can judge what is legal and what is legitimate in
> his own case.

And what might get him fired (irrespective of legality). Of course you
might be completely right, the administrator might say, "I'm not going
to set up a VPN but if you can come up with a solution then go ahead."

--
imalone