On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 23:13 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
> I have an USB laser printer (Samsung ML-1610): should it be  discovered
> by Fedora? how long does it take the discovery process??
> Manual set-up work  flawlessly.

In general, USB printers should be discovered and automatically
configured in Fedora.  It can take up to a couple of minutes to do this.
The reason it is slow is that the foomatic printer driver database takes
a very long time to load (but work is in the pipeline to speed this up).

For the Samsung ML-1610 specifically however, there is no driver we can
ship which drives it.
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Samsung/Samsung-ML-1610

Tim.
*/