On 12/11/2011 02:43 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Sunday 11 December 2011 14:33:42 Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> When I first installed f16, I tried out VNCViewer and it started up, but
>> the address I was using was blocked from my VNCServer; no problem really....
>>
>> So I move my new notebook to the proper VLAN and copied all the files
>> from the old notebook, including .ssh, .subversion, and .vnc
>>
>> Now when I started VNCViewer, it showed on the top bar, but no dialog
>> for entering the server name and port.
>>
>> I quited VNCViewer, moved .vnc to vnc-old and tried again, but no dice.
>>
>> I don't know if there was a .vnc prior from the install, or the problem
>> is elsewhere.  I really need VNC to manage a couple local servers, so
>> help would be great...
> The .vnc should be recreated if it's not there, so that shouldn't be an issue.
> How about starting vncviewer from the command line, and looking what it
> reports?

$ vncviewer

TigerVNC Viewer for X version 1.1.0 - built Nov 22 2011 14:21:13
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 TigerVNC Team and many others (see README.txt)
See http://www.tigervnc.org for information on TigerVNC.
^C
Sun Dec 11 15:07:30 2011
  main:        CleanupSignalHandler called

Nothing...

Then I tried:

$ vncviewer klovia:5903

TigerVNC Viewer for X version 1.1.0 - built Nov 22 2011 14:21:13
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 TigerVNC Team and many others (see README.txt)
See http://www.tigervnc.org for information on TigerVNC.

Sun Dec 11 15:09:24 2011
  CConn:       connected to host klovia port 5903
  CConnection: Server supports RFB protocol version 3.8
  CConnection: Using RFB protocol version 3.8

Sun Dec 11 15:13:19 2011
  main:        Authentication cancelled
[rgm@lx120e ~]$ ^C

The Authentication cancelled occured when I right clicked on the topbar
and closed VNCViewer.

It is like the dialog panel is broken or lost somewhere.