On 12/24/2011 07:20 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:
Got a new system today and got F16 up and running and it all seems to be
in order, cept my sound.  It works in windows with no problems, but not
Fedora.

Check this thread, because one or more of the fixes might work for you: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=272403 If not, check /boot/grub2/grub.cfg and see if your kernel has an initrd line. If not, that might be part of the issue; at least, it seems to have been for my desktop. And, in either event, you'll have problems with kernel updates until you fix it. HTH, HAND.