On 12/28/2011 12:46 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
2011/12/27 夜神 岩男<supergiantpot...@yahoo.co.jp>:
I've never really payed attention (or cared) until now, but Mock is annoying
me with copious lines of:

DEBUG: warning: group iwao does not exist - using root
DEBUG: warning: user iwao does not exist - using root

It's completely harmless.

I just don't like dangling ugly. :-/

There is almost definitely a way to fix this, but maybe its not worth it. Like reassigning ownership after chroot is populated (but that could be a *lot* of files). Or perhaps adding a switch to RPM that deliberately assigns a specified owner:group on install, and pass that argument along through the mock script (better? but I thought RPM already had a switch like that, though I don't recall at the moment).

The builds work fine, its just annoying -- but on systems where this error
pops up the command "mock --scrub=all" can't be run, and I feel the two are
probably related.

I think that's just a coincidence.  What error do you get when running that?

ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/mock/epel-6-x86_64/result/state.log'

But you're right, it was a coincidence. I just realized that a custom build environment used for work is the most-used cfg, and in fact epel-6-x86_64 doesn't exist just now, so this was correct and has nothing to do with the ownership noise Mock makes.

Correcting the /etc/mock/default.cfg symlink to point at the actual most-used cfg file fixed me. I was blowing my own mind... (O.o)

Thanks!