On 01/28/2012 09:01 PM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
People,

I sent this note to the Fedora virtual list so I thought I might try
here . .

I installed a Fedora 16 x86_64 virtual machine on a Fedora 14 x86_64
server but used a physical disk (/dev/sdb = /dev/vda) so I could get the
new server going almost completely in virtual mode and then when it was
ready to go, reboot the machine on the new drive. This process went
extremely well (thanks to all the Fedora developers!) but there were a
few glitches left to sort out - one of which was the screen resolution
for both the console and in X. It seems the default virtual screen is
1024x768 but I need 1280x1024(or 768). I tried adding a vga parameter to
the linux line in the grub.cfg file but that only temporarily changed
the resolution during bootup. xorg.conf doesn't get used much anymore -
do I need to create it for this case? Is there some way to tell Fedora
to rediscover the maximum screen resolution somehow?

Thanks,

Phil.

Hey Phil,

I'm assuming that you are using a graphical desktop. Can you adjust the
resolution with System/Preferences/Display?

--
     _
    °v°