On Saturday 11 February 2012 09:51 PM, Peter Lesterhuis wrote:
Hi,
When I boot all seems to go well at first. But after the log-in screen a message pops up: "Oh no! Something has gone wrong" etc. I am advised to log out and back in again, but the problem occurs every time. The weird thing is that when I hit the windows-key the ususal X-screensaver appears. But when I try to launch an application I get an black screen with the error message again.
When I boot in rescue mode and try to start X it fails.

I vaguely remember having run into this problem before, years ago, but I don't know how it was solved

Does anyone have a clue?

Peter

sometime ago it happed to me also ... on FC 14 , I just removed the file xorg.conf .... and restarted the system in single user mode and run Xorg --configure

it worked fine

Warm Regards

--
  °v°