On 03/09/2012 10:57 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 09/03/12 10:53, Bruno Martins wrote:
>>
>> By the way, that instruction should be put on another file since I don't
>> have a /etc/rc.local file (maybe systemd doesn't use it?) and even if I
>> create it, it will not work. I will investigate.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> From the release notes:
>
> 3.2.4. rc.local no longer packaged
> The /etc/rc.d/rc.local local customization script is no longer
> included by default. Administrators who need this functionality merely
> have to create this file, make it executable, and it will run on boot.

That explains everything, since my kernel version is more recent than
that one. :-)

[skorzen@g62 rc.d]$ uname -r
3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64

But it also didn't work.

[skorzen@g62 ~]$ ls -l /etc/rc.d/rc.local
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 54 Mar  9 10:07 /etc/rc.d/rc.local
[skorzen@g62 ~]$ cat /etc/rc.d/rc.local
echo 10 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness

Best regards,

--

Bruno Martins

br...@member.fsf.org <mailto:br...@member.fsf.org>