Hi all,

There was a thread not too far back that explained how to type characters not on a keyboard by using the <alt> key but for the life of me I can not find it.

e.g. to type a Spanish i with an accent mark it would be <alt> apostrophe i.

I made pretty heavy use of it for a while but it ceased working. I can't remember if there was something I had to do before it would function. It would work in vi, xterm, email, basically everywhere and now it doesn't work anywhere.

Anybody remember the thread?

TIA,
Mike Wright