To understand what happened see my email regarding the JBoss failure. It all
started there.

Basically because of that failure I tried to force the JBoss-as package install
under f16 kernel boot 3/4 ways through the f17 install.  After successfully
installing all the rest of the packages using f17 installer process, the
install failed due to the rpmdb changing underneath. That was me forcing the
JBoss-as installation I guess. So after the installed exited. Reboot shows no
beefy miracle in the grub list.

So now it's no longer the offending JBoss-as package it's more a how do I
recover from this failure at this point.  Or if I can't should I just install
f17 from scratch and hope my /home backup will recover nicely into f17.

William