Thought this info might be useful to anyone else installing F17 from scratch
and trying to port old Postfix configs.

It seems that installing Postfix does not, by default, install
cyrus-sasl-plain. This means that AUTH LOGIN PLAIN mechanism won't work out of
the box when using Postfix as a client.

I had:

smtp_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous

and kept getting

"SASL authentication failure: No worthy mechs found"

which made no sense to me. I finally discovered liblogin.so and libplain.so
missing from /usr/lib64/sasl2. As I said before, installing the
cyrus-sasl-plain RPM manually fixed the problem.

- Julian

--
Julian C. Dunn <jd...@aquezada.com>
Systems Engineer, Project Leader, Writer