On 07/01/2012 08:42 PM, agraham wrote:

F17 must be the only linux distribution in history in which you cannot edit kernel parameters from the boot menu.

I've actually run into this bug, but I found with a little exploration that it's just a misplacement of the cursor. If you let the cursor be a line or so below the "linux" line and hit the "end" key it will "logically" be the right place, but the cursor isn't in the right place, and one *can* change
the kernel parameters.

grub-2.00-rc1 is in the GNU repo, and it fixes most of the problems. robatino is tracking
the development and I hope the rc1 gomes in an update soon.

After yumming in the beta6 rpm, don't forget to grub2-install /dev/sd<x> to actually replace
the grub2 code on the disk.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury
aka redwolfe (proventesters)