I'm trying to get apache2 to allow me to list files and directories on my netbook for use as a public repo to let my kids copy them if they want them.

The problem is, no matter what I do, I get an access denied error. By default apache2 has INDEXES enabled for DOCROOT, but to be on the safe side I added a new directory directive for <DOCROOT/pics> and set INDEXES. Still nothing.

Then it occurred to me that selinux might be screwing with me, so I hit the troubleshooter and followed the directions for setting up a new policy for enabling directory access and used semodule to enable it.

Still no go. Anything else I can do to fix this? There's nothing really in the access or error logs that help. The apache user is owner and the perms are correct.

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant