Fedora List:

I can run "ls -FR" on a directory and get a lovely listing with lots of color coded information to let me know what is what. I have hit a directory that is big enough that scrolling though the output isn't efficient. I would like to capture the output of "ls -FR" into a file that preserves the color coding (I don't want to read each file as I wish to visually scan to see if something isn't right and color is a great way to see it).

My attempts with "more" have stripped color. So has "less". Does anyone have an idea how to capture the output of "ls -FR" that keeps the color coding?

This is a low priority item ... just something that would be nice to be able to do

Thanks in advance,
Paul