On 11/02/2012 01:54 AM, Steve wrote:
Is anyone using UPNP on Fedora ?   As a server or a client ?

I could not figure out howto make Rygel work on F17 with my Sony Bravia tv. I now use Serviio. Works fine streaming even 1080p mkv files and there is also an Android app which you can use to control Serviio.

Plus: it works (once you get the firewall rules sorted. See Serviio FAQ)
Minus: it's not Open Source, for extra functionality you need to pay and it needs ffmpeg (I installed the one from rpmfusion.org)

http://www.serviio.org/

Regards,
Patrick