On 12/27/2012 06:17 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
I need to reduce the file size of my PDF in Fedora.

As others have noted, your ability to do so depends on the specifics of your file, which you haven't shared.

You could use ghostscript to reduce quality (resolution) and size:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ubuntu-tiphowto-reduce-adobe-acrobat-file-size-from-command-line.html

You can also try removing embedded fonts.  Examples are included here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10450120/optimize-pdf-files-with-ghostscript-or-other

All of ghostscripts options are documenTed here:
http://ghostscript.com/doc/current/Ps2pdf.htm

Finally, you could build pdfsizeopt. There isn't a fedora package, as far as I can tell:
http://code.google.com/p/pdfsizeopt/