On 01/05/2013 11:03 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
$ ./unetbootin-linux-583

./unetbootin-linux-583: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0:

# yum provides libpng12
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
No Matches found
[root@lx120e2 ~]# yum provides libpng12.so.0
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
2:libpng-compat-1.5.10-1.fc17.i686 : Temporary backwards-compatibility copy of
old libpng
Repo        : fedora
Matched from:
Provides    : libpng12.so.0

# yum install libpng-compat

And I still get:

$ ./unetbootin-linux-583
./unetbootin-linux-583: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0:

So how do I get this to work?  FWIW, my system is a x86_64 install.

What is unetbootin-linux-583 ?   I installed unetbootin from the F17 repositories and
that file doesn't exist.  And "whatprovides" returns nothing.

Great. Got it installed, selected the iso I downloaded and tried to install to my usb drive. But a 'small' problem.

unetbootin wants my usb drive to be /dev/sdb1, and my system is installing it as /dev/sdb

Now to figure out how to fix this...