On 01/16/2013 08:59 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:41:41AM +0000, Phil Dobbin wrote:
Hi, all.

I've been watching the developments regarding everybody trying to
upgrade via FedUp & can anyone advise me whether issuing:

'sudo fedup-cli —network 18 —debuglog fedupdebug.log'

is still the recommended way to approach the upgrade?

I'm running a rock solid Fedora 17 with all updates applied & intend to
disable any extra repos that I have personally added to sources by hand.
I would recommend not to use fedup.  I'm facing a lot of troubles after
going the fedup route.  Although not officially supported, you could try
upgrading via yum.  It has been reliably working for people across
multiple releases.

I might as well ask, even though it'll sound "stoopid" by this lists standards!: I am currently running Fedora 17 on my laptop, I remember upgrading from 14 to 15....and from 15 to 16....and then to 17, each time I had to re-install all my applications, their settings, and add-ons / extensions, only because I couldn't figure out how to upgrade and have everything "stay" on my system. So I am asking, _IS _there a way to run this "fedup" and have all my apps, and their settings / customizations, and add-ons remain? I realize I need to back up the entire system, and I have done that already, but it gets a bit wearisome having to re-install things all over again....just curious, and thanks for any help - advice given!

EGO II