On 01/26/2013 06:33 AM, Paul Smith wrote:
Welcome to emergency mode. Use "systemctl default" or ^D to enter default mode.
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue)
sulogin: /root: change directory failed: Permission denied

Thank you. Whenever I see a question like that with no explanation I get suspicious that somebody's trying to be a cargo cult sysadmin, trying a drastic "solution" that they don't understand because "it worked ten years ago."

You might try booting from a LiveCD, chrooting and running restorecon on /root. And, while I'm thinking about it, why does your boot process need to log in as root? Is this something normal that I've never noticed, or something odd?