On 01/27/2013 03:09 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
This might be true, but is it safe? I mean I realize I'm a newbie when
it comes to the whole command-line thing and all....but I thought the
services that were enabled upon boot-up were necessary? And that if you
disable any one of them...you might stand the risk of making your system
un-useable!? just wondering is all...

The trick is to find out what each service does before you mask it and make sure you don't need it. If you follow that link I gave you, you'll find that the author explains exactly what each service he's disabling does and why he doesn't need it.