On 01/31/2013 06:36 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 31.01.2013 11:29, schrieb Ed Greshko:
>> 0.   yum install firewalld firewall-config
>> 1.   systemctl disable (or mask) iptables.service
>> 1a. systemctl disable (or mask) ip6tables.service
>> 2.   systemctl status firewalld.service
>>       should show enabled
>> 3.   reboot
> why reboot?
> this is not a kernel update nor windows

It may have been an aberration....  However, the previous machine I had done
this on was running quite a few services and things were "wonky" with
connections afterwards.  I did not have the time or the desire to investigate
so I rebooted.   Everything was fine after that.

I think it is fair to say you "should not" have to reboot....but it isn't 100%
guaranteed you won't have to.

--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger
and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and