On 02/19/2013 03:26 PM, Jim wrote:
> On 02/19/2013 04:07 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
>> On 02/19/2013 02:41 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>>> I used to know a man who'd log onto them, then put a job in their print
>>> queue warning them.
>> Clever idea!  Print out the manual pages for their router with the
>> security configuration.
>>
> How would you do that ?
> The IP that shows is a 192.168.1.137 which is a local AP IP and not a
> world IP .

With a bit of luck, the printer is new enough to support zero-config, so
I'd try printing from my phone.  If that doesn't work, I'd use "add
printer" to locate and add any available network printer.

I have a friend who has an unsecured guest network set up on his AP,
with the SSID of "DEA Surveillance Van".

--
-- Steve