On 02/21/13 05:50, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/20/2013 01:38 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> and nobody needs NM for workstations with static IP's
>
> Agreed.  I had to turn it off on my desktop because it insisted on
> overwriting my DNS numbers with 0.0.0.0 every time I booted.  I still use it
> on my laptop because the old network service doesn't seem to handle WiFi very
> well.

If you have "Manual" or "Automatic (DHCP) addresses only" with DNS servers
defined in the NM configuration and your resolv.conf file is getting written
with 0.0.0.0 then you've hit a bug.  One would hope you've filed a bugzilla.

I use NM and have heard others complain about this....but I've never
experienced the problem.  So, writing a bugzilla is the only way to get it
fixed.

To that end, I just filed a bugzilla against the NM stuff on KDE.  I filed the
bug on the 19th and a fix is in testing now.

--
Don't be bullied by the judgmental grammar and spelling police.