Am 15.03.2013 10:57, schrieb Ed Greshko:
> On 03/15/13 17:46, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Is the destination IP address a single IP address or are there others.
>>
>> Is your system running a DNS server?  If you are running one, is it supposed
>> to be servicing requests from the Internet?  If it is supposed to be taking
>> requests from the Internet, have you made sure to configure such that
>> recursion is disabled.
>
> Never mind....
>
> In re-reading the original message I see the "source port" is 35442.  I'm
> pretty sure recursion from a DNS server would show 53 as the source port.

pretty sure only if your DNS is very outdated
http://unixwiz.net/techtips/iguide-kaminsky-dns-vuln.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_spoofing
As stated above, source port randomization for DNS requests, combined with the
use of cryptographically-secure
random numbers for selecting both the source port and the 16-bit cryptographic
nonce, can greatly reduce the
probability of successful DNS race attacks.