On 2013-04-18 08:51, g wrote:
i have been using the fnal release, 1st in list, for about years, just
after the release of sl 5.0, and i can say that it has been a very stable
and reliable linux.

What is your use case?

I mean: I use CentOS 5 & 6 for Web developpers usage.

We have to use custom compiled PHP 5.2, PHP 5.3, and several Java related compenents (Tomcat, Maven, Ant, Sonar, Jenkins,...)

Besides, we also need to install custom compiled "ffmpeg" (ie with defined video transcode option). For the PHP side, we have IUS and many other 3rd party repos).

I think CentOS is the right choice, because of the packagers ecosystem. I dont find many 3rd party packagers for SL.

--
RMA.