On 04/23/2013 07:05 PM, Dave Stevens wrote:
I want to transfer a dvd image from my laptop (ubuntu 12.04.2) to my fedora 18
box that has selinux disabled. Wired connection to my router allows F18 to
browse to U12 and see the file and right click copy, but trying to paste into a
folder in my /home/dave directory gives a terse 'permission denied.'

Ideas? will Read TFM if pointed.

As root, set the permissions on the F18 directory to read/write and then run the transfer command as root. (It might work without setting perms on the /dave directory, just run the copy command (in cli) as root. I don't know if you have a super-user GUI file manager, like konqueror, but
that would be easier to use if you don't like cli.)
--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.  A.M.
Greeley