On Thu, 2 May 2013, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

BTW, one of them asks members not to top-post in replies ...

poc

Yeah, sorry.  This is the only mailinglist I belong to where folk still obsess
about it.  It's been interesting, over the years, to watch the top-post fetish
move from cutting edge to atavistic (and that's not a criticism -- atavism
isn't all bad).  I do try to remember, but sometimes fail.

Most other lists to which I belong have given in to modern mailing conventions,
which largely have fallen to the dictates of Outlook (and even alpine) defaults.

billo