Just installed Fedora 19 ( I know questions are supposed to go to that list, but this is more of a
general thing).

I was having a lot of problems with the GDM login manager so I disabled it and installed
lightdm.

Everything was working fine UNTIL I tried to change my password to something I could
remember - the steup forces you to pick one which can't be easily broken.

Now the login manager tells me both the old and new passwords are wrong. So basically I can't get into the system. I tried the recovery kernel but it simply takes me to the login manager, unlike the recovery options
on my Fedora 17 and 18 systems.

Can someone offer a suggestion ( I'm writing this in my Debian system)

Thanks

--
--Cheers--