FWIW the command "lshw" will also show motherboard make/model and a whole
lot of other very verbose information about system hardware. It describes
my motherboard this way:

       product: GA-MA770-UD3
       vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

lshw is not a standard package, I think. Install with "yum install lshw".
And yeah, what the other guy said about the limitations of mechanical hard
drives is very true. Those Western Digital Green drives are rated at
~110-120 MB/s sustained.

Damon