On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 14:16:22 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:

> On 06/23/2013 01:47 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
> >
> > Reposting on Fedora list because it's not only 19 affected
> >

> > I noticed this morning that when I run grub2-mkconfig from my fedora
> > 19 partition, or from my 18 partition
> >  it does not find all the kernels on a fedora 17 partition. There are
> > 3 in Fedora 17 /boot...3.8.11, 3.8.13 and the latest
> > 3.9.5.   It finds only the 3.8.11 kernel. Grub was installed in
> > /dev/sda from the 19 partition; I have since re-installed
> > Grub from the 18 partition and the same problem exists.
> > Is this a bug or am I missing something?
> >

>      Further to this....I checked the grub.cfg and the other kernels are
> in the list. But Grub is not displaying them when advanced options
> is picked. It only displays the one kernel.

Be more accurate when describing what you've done. Verify that you really
run
  grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
and not use any symlink that would be replaced incorrectly.
Then, if you see all the kernels in that grub.cfg, figure out whether
they are visible in the top menu. Perhaps upload that grub.cfg to fpaste.
Of course, you need to be sure that it's the file that GRUB loads, so
insert something that would be displayed at boot-time, and verify it's
the file.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.6-301.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.13 0.24 0.20