On 07/08/2013 05:52 PM, lee wrote:
If that is true, then why does it happen to me?  Why didn't the upgrade
work last time, and why does a simple "yum update" try to trick me into
upgrading, and why does booting fail after that?  There isn't anything
special here.

It happens to you because it's not 100% perfect, and for some reason it doesn't work properly for you. I don't know why. But claiming it's no good at all when there's lots of evidence that it works OK for almost everybody is Just Plain Wrong.