Am 09.07.2013 10:58, schrieb j.witvl...@mindef.nl:
> Hi all,
>
> Once in a while I see people suggesting the disabling of IPv6 to cope with
> some issue.
>
> My I _kindly_ ask not to do that anymore?
> Even though such trick might take away the symptoms for you and me, it is a
> technical overkill and only tackles the symptoms.
>
> Lately I read a message on another M.L. from someone who only gets an IPv6
> address from his provider, and gets his connection to legacy sites by means
> on 4in6 tunneling.
>
> On behalf of those people, "disabling v6" simply means: switch of your entire
> network.
> If an application / service cannot cope with v6, the solution should be with
> that application, not by mutilating the network stack ;-)

may i _kindly_ ask to give a relieable way like ipv6.disable=1
which works in F17/F18 and not in F19 beause i know what i
am doing and there is currently no need for ipv6

the "inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>" means i need
as example to run ip6tables to block access on servers to
localhost:139/445 because internally the machine is serviced
via SMB instead FTP but a PHP-script must never open a socket
to the samba daemon