On 07/09/2013 08:27 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Gary Stainburn wrote:

I did my laptop F18 -> F19 this morning. It took 1 hour 40 which was
longer than my desktop but still okay as I just left it to it, and the
only input required was the reboot.
Is this the whole kaboosh, or the bit after re-booting?
It's the bit after re-booting (several hours in my case)
where I'd like to be given an estimate of expected duration.
I know there is that little growing snake under the F,
but that's a bit like watching paint dry.

Great product though, who should we thank?

Thank the developers of fedup, of course. For enduring our endless "hazing" with the F17-F18 upgrade, and proving they could work the kinks out of it.

I go back to the suggestion I would like to emphasize most: lengthen the progress bar (the growing snake) from the current 3 cm to 10 cm at least, or even 15 cm. The improved "resolution" would allow you to show /some/ forward progress more often.

Temlakos