Am 12.07.2013 16:04, schrieb Chris Adams:
> Once upon a time, Tim <ignored_mail...@yahoo.com.au> said:
>> How is your firewall set up?  When you allow something for IPv4, does it
>> make a corresponding rule for IPv6, at the same time.  Likewise, for if
>> you block something.  And I mean that in two ways, dealing with ports,
>> and addresses.  I may decide to block all port 80 traffic, and I'd hope
>> my firewall doesn't just put a block on IPv4 traffic, requiring me to
>> separately set up another rule for the IPv6.  Or, I may find out that
>> I'm seeing unwanted traffic from www.example.com, I'll probably have to
>> find out their IPv4 and IPv6 IPs and individually block them.
>
> Does _every_ firewall that claims IPv4 and IPv6 support do that
> correctly?  I don't know, probably not.

* iptables and iptables6 are two different things
* as long as my network has no public ipv6 addresses there is no need
* i would have to tighten iptables6 rules 1:1 to iptables4
* my webserver must not access 127.0.0.1:445
* without ipv6 enabled i do not need to block it for ::1 and
  start to deal with iptables6 at all which would happen for
  this machine *after* a public ipv6 IP becomes a topic

so again: ipv6disable=1 has to disable the *entire* stack as it
currently does with F17/F18 as long as *I* decide as admin that
all components of the machine are ipv6-capable and *before*
i set a AAA-record to the machine
______________________________________

the first lines on any of my machines to prevent os-fingerprinting
and different port-scan methods which otherwise would be possible

how are looking these things like in ipv6?

i do not know and until i have on no network a public
ipv6 address i do not need to know it

iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -m conntrack --ctstate INVALID -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp -m conntrack --ctstate NEW --dport 0 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p udp -m conntrack --ctstate NEW --dport 0 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL ACK,RST,SYN,FIN -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL FIN -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL FIN,URG,PSH -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL ALL -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL SYN,RST,ACK,FIN,URG -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags ALL NONE -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,FIN SYN,FIN -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN,RST -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags FIN,RST FIN,RST -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags ACK,FIN FIN -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags ACK,PSH PSH -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp --tcp-flags ACK,URG URG -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT ! -i lo -p tcp ! --syn -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j DROP