Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 05:25:29AM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 07/24/13 22:38, Patrick Lists wrote:
With the Firewalld service stopped I can ping and ssh fine into the VM from my
laptop.

FWIW, it has been a long time but I always had FW trouble when dealing with a
NAT configuration.

I don't know virt-manager, but if possible I'd switch to a bridged network
configuration so the VM has a 10.X.X.X IP.

I'd only do that if you absolutely need to access the VM from the
outside, or at least outside of the host machine.

Your caution is correct, but in many cases sites run web servers, mail, DNS, DHCP,and other services on a VM. A bridge is not the only way to do that, but it is one approach.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>