Hi Mihai,

On 20.08.2013, Mihai T. Lazarescu wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer.  I add to the mix my test results for
> F19 with kernel 3.10.7 on an ASUS UX31E with its factory 256GB
> SSD-only mass storage.
>
> CFQ scheduler run1:
[....]

All these numbers are pointless, because when I see your
results I'm quite shure you did run the test without generating loads
of disk I/O in parallel. What you actually measured is the latency in
idle state ;-)

Open a console and run

 while : ; do time sh -c "dd if=/dev/zero of=bigfile bs=8M count=256 ; sync; rm
bigfile"; done

Then, open another one and run fsync-tester. The numbers that count to
compare different elevators on your system is the output fsync-tester
generates while your machine is generating the "bigfile".