On 09/04/2013 06:47 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
You just mentioned things that one should not do, specially on a system
where curious students are bound to fool around.

Mentioning the suid bit was just, for me, a matter of being complete. Using besu (Not beesu, as I wrote.) will work if you've set sudo up properly, such as giving everybody sudo rights for this command, and *only* this command. It's not something I'd do, at least not around students, but that's not my call to make.