On 10/21/2013 06:49 AM, Vesa Alho wrote:
On 10/21/2013 01:37 PM, Lars Remes wrote:
We are using the memberOf plugin in a global, multi-master-multi-slave setup, and so far we have not encountered any major issues.

You can easily change the membership attribute, for example, to memberUid. MMR is handled by not replicating the memberOf attribute between masters, but the attribute IS copied to slaves. Each master runs own instance of the plugin.

Sometimes you may need to manual launch the fix-up task, but that has been quite rare.
If necessary, you can schedule it to run periodically.

How does it work for already existing entries if I enable the plugin? Do I need add them "manually" or does the plugin add them automatically?

You need to run the fixup-memberof.pl script.

Naturally I will test this well before changing production, but just interested what it takes to start using it.

Thanks for replying!

-Vesa