On 19.12.2013 11:22, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:17:46 +0100
> Mateusz Marzantowicz <mmarzantow...@osdf.com.pl> wrote:
> ownload for an upgrade if they did.
>>
>> That just means that someone haven done his job or there was an
>> error during package rebuild which hasn't been fixed yet (correct
>> me if I'm wrong but there is something like mass rebuild in Fedora).
>>
>> Please file bugzilla report against this packages but excluding that
>> from rpmfussion.
>>

> Wrong, yum update was used (check earlier threads from op)
> yum distro-sync is your friend.

How yum distro-sync command is related to availability of package in
software repositories? Packages are either there or not regardless of
command you issued locally to install/update them.

It's also worth noting that it might be important to have packages for
exact distro release because of changes in run time environment, build
system and other policies from one Fedora release to another. Package
from fc17 may work well in fc20 but I don't think it's encouraged behavior.

Mateusz Marzantowicz