On 05/19/2014 10:07 AM, Erik P. Olsen issued this missive:
On 19/05/14 18:04, Someone wrote:
How would I go about finding my model of motherboard?

Try running "dmidecode | more" as root. The first few screens should
show what motherboard you're running. Some examples:

Handle 0x0200, DMI type 2, 8 bytes
Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
        Product Name: 0TP412
        Version:
        Serial Number: ..CN708217C420Y3.

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
        Product Name: 785GTM-E45 (MS-7549)
        Version: 1.0
        Serial Number: To be filled by O.E.M.
        Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Features:
                Board is a hosting board
                Board is replaceable
        Location In Chassis: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
        Chassis Handle: 0x0003
        Type: Motherboard
        Contained Object Handles: 0