On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 11:35:18 +0800 Ed Greshko <ed.gres...@greshko.com> wrote:

> > Well, I'm using kdm and when I select openbox I don't actually have a
> > "system tray".  But, I'm not an "openbox" user.  I've tried to reproduce
> > your problem with xfce and lxde in a VM but was unable to reproduce the
> > problem.
>
> OK......
>
> I used lxpanel to get a "system tray".  I get the same "warning" message that
> you do when I place the mouse over the pnmixer.  However, I don't get any
> crash.

Thanks! Let me explain: I get a crash when I log in for the first time. In this
case, it is autostarted (at the system level). When I use this as a user from
the commandline, it does not crash: however, upon wakeup from hibernate it does
crash.

I have this problem with my Dell Precision M3800 laptop.

Funnily enough I do not have an issue with my Dell XPS 13 or Dell E6400 laptops
or my Dell Precision T7400 workstation (which of course is never hibernated).

The setup is the same for all machines (and in particular identical for all
three laptops)!

Many thanks again!

Best wishes,
Ranjan