> On Dec 16, 2014 7:32 PM, "Jim Lewis" <j...@jklewis.com> wrote:
>

>>   Yes, when I couldn't find the full install DVD I settled for the
>> Mate-Compiz spin and have been configuring it for the last few days. I
>> now have to manually install a whole lot of packages that were just
>> there by default before.
>>

>> Jim Lewis
>>

> Out of curiosity, what are you considering "the default" here?
>
> --Pete

Hi Pete,

   Probably a poor choice of words on my part. "By default" to ME means
not having to install gcc, Java, LibreOffice, wget, strace, etc., and
fix things like Firefox associations (which I don't yet know how to
do). The installs of Fedora 1 through 14 made sense (didn't use 15 and
16 because of Gnome 3). Versions 17-20 made sense as well. It's
possible the Fedora-Server-inst ISO would have been what I wanted if it
hadn't failed during the install.

  I just had some good luck. Installed the RPM Fusion files and have xmms
working with mp3 files. Now to see if Flash is going to work ...

Jim Lewis