On Dec 29, 2014 10:18 AM, "Robert Moskowitz" <r...@htt-consult.com> wrote:

> I have two F21 systems on the same subnet.  Client and server.
>
> On the server I created a directory /root/tftp with 777 permissions.
>
> I have opened up the tftpd service with the firewall gui interface and
>
> firewall-cmd --zone=public --list-all
>
> shows services includes tftp (I am assuming here that firewalld knowns
that tftp is a udp app)

> The server is running tftpd in foreground under sudo:
>
> in.tftpd -Lc4pv -s /root/tftp
>
> The client connects with 'tftp server' and gets tftp> prompt.  A status
shows the client is connected to the server (thus firewall is allowing
connection).  But a put fails with 'Transfer timed out'.

> There are no messages logged.  I have tried increasing verbosity with
'vvv' but no logging.

> I have even created a file on the server under /root/tftp and tried to
'get' it, which also timed out.

> So what am I missing here?
>

> --

To turn on tftpd, `systemctl enable tftpd.socket` (and maybe also start the
socket)

it serves from /var/lib/tftp by default, and files there will have an
appropriate selinux label.

Not sure about your manually invoked tftpd, but you probably didn't want
that long-term anyway :P

--Pete