On 02/11/2015 07:52 AM, Frédéric Bron wrote:
Be careful before upgrading. I get the following error in Xorg.0.log:

[     8.095] (EE) NVIDIA: Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel
module. Please see the
[     8.095] (EE) NVIDIA:     system's kernel log for additional error
messages and
[     8.095] (EE) NVIDIA:     consult the NVIDIA README for details.
[     8.095] (EE) No devices detected.

and no graphical user interface!

Frédéric
I have the same problem under F21, I've upgraded to that kernel and there is no corresponding kmod-nvidia driver as yet. I also have the akmod-nvidia packages installed but found that the source process does not work properly in F21 on my system, as akmods is enabled for starting at boot time but it is not compiling the driver as it is supposed to, so I have had to run it manually to get a binary driver. You may want to have a look at the akmod-nvidia packages from rpmfusion as a means of getting a driver if there isn't an already compile driver for you installed kernel available.