On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Heinz Diehl <htd...@fritha.org> wrote:
> On 17.03.2015, stan wrote:
>>
>> I think cgroups are integrated into Fedora, and so the CFS with
>> cgroup is required. Thus, BFS will probably not work in Fedora,
>> as it has no support for cgroups.
>
> CFS is not required at all, and so are cgroups. Any kernel with the BFS patch
> applied will run just fine on Fedora. In fact, most of the time I run a kernel
> using both BFS and the BFQ I/O-scheduler, on Fedora and Arch.

"CONFIG_CGROUPS (it is OK to disable all controllers)" is listed under
"REQUIREMENTS" in the systemd README.

I don't know what the difference is between not compiling cgroup
suppport into the kernel and compiling it in but disabling all
controllers but it looks like that your assumption that cgroup support
isn't required is wrong.