On 11/06/15 14:07, g wrote:
by chance, do bobg and root have same passwords on both systems?

you must supply password for system you ssh to, not system from.
in above, 1st password was for boxen. 2nd password was for tos-sat.
which is what it is asking for with"geo@192.168.1.5's password:"
as noted by "5's".

so, disregard what you found in your gaagle search and restore the
files you changed. ist because my password files in /etc are as yours
were.
.

Due to limited mental capacity I only use one long password, designated strong by the Fedora installer for whatever that is worth, one for everything, mostly. Certainly in this case I've made them all the same.

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD